Iphelion are dedicated to safeguarding and preserving your privacy at all times, whether using our products and services or visiting our website or online customer portal.
This policy has been updated to confirm with the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) which takes effect on 25th May 2018. For full details of the GDPR and your individual rights under this legislation, please see www.ico.org.uk.
1. Definition of terms used in this policy
This policy uses several defined terms (identified by capital letters at the start of each word). The meaning of these defined terms is set out below:
“Data Controller” is the business that is processing your Personal Data. In this policy, Iphelion is the Data Controller of your Personal Data.
“Data Processor” or “Service Providers” means any person or company who processes your Personal Data on behalf of Iphelion. Iphelion use third-party Service Providers to process your data more efficiently. A full list of these Service Providers is available on request.
“Data Protection Legislation” refers to the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) and any other applicable legislation.
“Data Protection Officer” is a person employed by Iphelion who is responsible for compliance with the Data Protection Legislation and ensuring all employees and sub-contractors are aware of their obligations under the law. The contact details of the Iphelion Data Protection Officer can be found in Appendix A.
“Iphelion”: refers to Iphelion Ltd of First Floor, Telecom House, 125-135 Preston Road, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 6AF, United Kingdom (registered office address).
“Personal Data”: The data relating to an identified or identifiable person, including but not exclusive to, the following types of data: name, address, e-mail address, age, date of birth, telephone number, fax, logins, or passwords
2. Data we collect
Iphelion will only collect Personal Data from you that we consider to be necessary to conduct or business with you.
As a customer using our products, services or customer portal, we collect:
- Details of your visits to our customer portal.
- Basic contact details for providing our services to you:
- Company office address
- Job title
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Mobile number
- Photo (if published on LinkedIn)
As a visitor to our website, we may collect:
- Anonymous details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in our contact form on our website to be contacted about a product. This information is entered into our customer database application and used only to contact you in relation to your request. The information provided is not added to any mailing lists.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason (e.g. contact details in email signatures, etc.)
Such information will not identify you personally it is statistical data about our visitors and their use of our site. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever.
All computers can decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access parts of our website or support portal.
Third party links
You mind find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
3. Use of your data
Iphelion uses the data collected for the following purposes:
- To meet our contractual commitments to our customers
- To provide information requested from us relating to our products and services
- Issue and service request tracking and resolution
- Communicating with our clients and prospects
- To notify you about any changes to our products where you have consented to receive such information.
- Monitoring activity on the Iphelion website and customer support portal (e.g. software downloads, anonymised visitor statistics, etc.)
Iphelion do not share information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers but we may, on occasion, provide them with anonymous statistics regarding them (e.g. Google Analytics).
4. Legal basis for processing Personal Data under the Data Protection Legislation
Iphelion may process your Personal data because:
- We have a contractual obligation to provide products and/or services to you
- You have given us permission to do so
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law and current legislation
5. Transfer, storage and security of your data
Iphelion may transfer Personal Data to computers outside of the European Economic Area for processing and storage. Personal Data may be processed by staff operating outside the European Economic Area who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
Iphelion have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the data is treated securely, in accordance with this policy and the Data Protection Legislation. Iphelion have audited all suppliers that process Personal Data on behalf of Iphelion to ensure they have adequate security policies and procedures in place that comply with the Data Protection Legislation.
Iphelion will retain your Personal Data only for as long as necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. We will retain and use Personal data to the extend necessary to comply with our legal obligations (e.g. if we are required to retain financial records or retain data to comply with applicable laws).
If you are located outside of the United Kingdom and choose to provide information to us, please note we transfer data, including Personal Data, to the United Kingdom and process it there.
Personal Data that is provided to us is stored on secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
6. Disclosing your Data
6.1 Business transaction
Where applicable, we may disclose your Personal Data to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any).
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
6.2 Disclosing your Data for law enforcement
Under certain circumstances Iphelion may be required to disclose your Personal Data in response to valid request by public authorities (e.g. a court or government body).
7. Your rights
You can find detailed information about your rights under the Data Protection Legislation at www.ico.org.uk.
In summary, under the Data Protection Legislation you have:
- The right to be informed: You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your Personal Data and who it is processed by.
- The right of access: You have the right to access your personal data by making a request verbally or in writing to the Data Protection Officer. Iphelion must respond to this request within one month and in most circumstances cannot charge a fee for dealing with such a request.
- The right to rectification: You have the right for any inaccurate Personal Data to be rectified, or completed if it is incomplete, by making a request verbally or in writing to the Data Protection Officer. Iphelion have one calendar month to respond to the request however in certain circumstances can refuse a request for rectification.
- The right to erasure: You have the right for your Personal Data to be erased, also known as “the right to be forgotten” by making a request verbally or in writing to the Data Protection Officer. Iphelion have one month to respond to the request however this right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances.
- The right to restrict processing: You have the right to request the restriction or suppression of processing your Personal Data in certain circumstances either verbally or in writing to the Data Protection Officer. Iphelion have one calendar month to respond to the request. When a restriction is in place, Iphelion may store Personal Data but may not use it.
- The right to data portability: You have the right to request your Personal Data for your own use or re-use on other services in a secure, machine-readable format (e.g. Excel or CSV format) for transfer from one IT environment to another. This right only applies to information you have provided to Iphelion and any requests must be made verbally or in-writing to the Data Protection Officer.
- The right to object: In certain circumstances you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data. You also have an absolute right to stop your Personal Data being used for direct marketing. You are able to object to the processing of your Personal Data verbally or in-writing to the Data protection Officer and Iphelion have one calendar month to respond to an objection.
- Rights related to automated decision making: Please see www.ico.org.uk for more details.
To exercise any of these rights, or if you have any questions, please contact the Iphelion Data Protection Officer using the contact details found in Appendix A.
8. Contacting us
Appendix A – Contact details
The contact details for the Iphelion Data Protection Officer can be seen below:
FAO: Data Protection Officer
Suite 505, The Print Rooms
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 7620 4264